glyph 411: books, libraries, library . LibraryThing, Library Thing . cataloging tool for personal use . social network with connections arising from shared books ... management . library management ... bibliographic tool used by Pat Wagner in her University of North Texas (UNT) series of online trainings for library directors, staff, and board members
Patricia Wagner, of Pattern Research, Inc., has provided this bibliography for the students in her management classes. It is maintained and made searchable by a web-based service called "LibraryThing", an excellent cataloging tool and a non-intrusive social network. An account with LibraryThing is free at the starting (and useful) level.
- Meet the world's largest book club. Find people with eerily similar tastes.
- Catalog with Amazon, the Library of Congress or 175 other world libraries. Import from anywhere.
- Get recommendations. Tag your books and explore others' tags.
- Put your books on your blog.
- Enter 200 books for free, as many as you like for $10 (year) or $25 (life).
Pat is the wife and partner of Explorers Foundation founder Leif Smith.
Christian Science Monitor review of LibraryThing:
November 5, 2007; edited/updated November 26, 2015