glyph 303: history ... roman law . private law . state codification ... Bruno Leoni, Ludwig von Mises, Karl Menger ..... money as emergent phenomenon . how brought under central control ... alternatives: free banking, private money ....... emergent law of markets discovered as it evolves by students of the specialized spontaneous orders of boundary patterns ... a kind of pattern language taking millenia to form ... possible relation to work of Christopher Alexander? ..... Universidad Francisco Marroquin, Doctorado honoris causa en Ciencias Sociales
Can the market fully manage the money and banking sector?
Jesús Huerta de Soto, professor of economics at the Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Madrid, has made history with this mammoth and exciting treatise that it has and can again, without inflation, without business cycles, and without the economic instability that has characterized the age of government control.
Such a book as this comes along only once every several generations: a complete comprehensive treatise on economic theory. It is sweeping, revolutionary, and devastating--not only the most extended elucidation of Austrian business cycle theory to ever appear in print but also a decisive vindication of the Misesian-Rothbardian perspective on money, banking, and the law.
Jörg Guido Hülsmann has said that this is the most significant work on money and banking to appear since 1912, when Mises's own book was published and changed the way all economists thought about the subject.
Its five main contributions
- a wholesale reconstruction of the legal framework for money and banking, from the ancient world to modern times,
- an application of law-and-economics logic to banking that links microeconomic analysis to macroeconomic phenomena,
- a comprehensive critique of fractional-reserve banking from the point of view of history, theory, and policy,
- an application of the Austrian critique of socialism to central banking,
- the most comprehensive look at banking enterprise from the point of view of market-based entrepreneurship.
More about the book and complete table of contents at:
Recommended for anyone interested in the history and future of freeorder. -leif
Importante y solemne acto de Graduación en donde esta Casa de Estudios, otorga el Doctorado honoris causa en Ciencias Sociales al doctor español Jesús Huerta de Soto, por sus altos méritos y labor constante de enseñar y difundir las ideas de la libertad, que son valores primordiales para el desarrollo de la vida humana.
entered before July 9, 2006; edited/updated November 26, 2015